What a different paint and a new light fixture can make! Funny enough, we bought the light fixture almost immediately after we bought our house, but we've been too intimidated by electricity to put it up. With new paint going up, we said it was time to face our fears and change it out.
The fixture up there was majorly rusted and I hated looking at it.
An hour and a few tense moments later (we apparently aren't that great at reading all the directions), it's up. Much better!
We've been in love the the color we painted our master bedroom and had a little bit left, so we decided to paint the bathroom with it. It's a brownish gray that leans cool, which really worked with the tile. We're really happy with how it turned out!
We also were really proud of the patch job we had to do in here. This whole room is wallpapered and there was a spot behind the top of the toilet that was peeling because it's close to water. When I went to peel a small piece, oh, I don't know, a four feet long sheet came off the wall. Trying to even it up, I ended up having to peel the wallpaper from the wall all around the window and we were kind of panicked about it. After peeling the wall seemed rough, but after Paul sanded it and we patched the larger holes, it was almost completely flat and smooth. We primed one coat to just make sure that the color wouldn't be different and that the backing/drywall wouldn't need many coats of paint. You'd never know!
Very happy with the results!